05 May New Technical Directors Announced
We are extremely pleased to announce the hiring of Paul Babba and Lora Gralheer as Commonwealth Soccer Club’s new Technical Directors. Coach Babba will focus on the development of players U-13 and younger while Coach Gralheer will lead all players U-14 and older. Both coaches will work together to develop a comprehensive training, coaching, and player development curriculum that will drive the club’s teaching approach at all levels.
“The addition of Paul and Lora as the club’s Technical Directors is tremendous for CSC,” said Executive Director Megan Adkins. “Both coaches possess a significant amount of high-level coaching experience along with an incredible understanding of youth soccer teaching philosophies. I am excited to work with both Paul and Lora, and I look forward to helping them build a cohesive player development program that ultimately supports our primary mission of creating an unrivaled youth soccer experience,” Adkins said.
In addition to his position at CSC, Coach Babba, who has more than a decade of collegiate coaching experience, will continue his role as an assistant coach and the recruiting coordinator for the University of Kentucky women’s soccer team. Coach Gralheer joins Commonwealth Soccer Club after spending the last seven seasons coaching club soccer in Louisville at Mockingbird Valley Premier. Alongside her role at CSC, Gralheer will continue to serve as the Assistant Coach with the Centre Women’s Soccer team. Both coaches will be present during the club’s upcoming tryout sessions, and we encourage you to welcome them to the CSC family.
Coaching Credentials at a Glance
- Served as a Technical director for the Burlington Soccer club in Burlington, NC.
- Has worked with multiple youth clubs in Tennessee & Mississippi
- State instructor for the USSF E license
- Four-year starter at Belhaven University.
- Finished his career as the Blazers’ second all-time leading scorer
- Played 2 seasons for Mississippi Billa, currently of USL league two.
- Has a master’s in intercollegiate athletic administration from Mississippi College
- Holds a USSF A-Senior License and a National Youth License
- Has a wife, Laura, and three children, Noah(11), Micah(10) and Hannah(5).
- Served as Head Coach at Mercy Academy for four seasons.
- Lead the team to a 6th Region Championship
- Created the Mockingbird Valley Premier Girls Youth Academy
- Member of the Kentucky ODP staff for the past eight years
- Named to the 2018 United Soccer Coaches 30 Under 30
- In 2018 her Kentucky Fire Juniors 1999 Girls Premier Red won the Kentucky State Cup
- In 2019 her Kentucky Fire Juniors 2000 Girls Premier Red team won the Kentucky State Cup
- Holds a USSF C License
- United Soccer Coaches Advanced National Diploma